Cognitive Interviewing has become a standard technique in the development and evaluation of patient reported outcome (PRO) measures and health survey questionnaires and is an essential component in establishing the validity of a questionnaire.
This one day course gives participants a thorough grounding in cognitive interviewing skills. The course also includes the different types of interviewing techniques, planning the interviews, conducting the interviews and analysis and reporting the findings. The course is a combination of taught and practice sessions.
- Background and introduction to cognitive theory
- Cognitive interviewing methods: Retrospective Verbal Probing and Think aloud
- The sequencing and organising of the cognitive interview activities
- Designing the cognitive interview probe sheets
- Conducting the cognitive pre-interview and warm-up
- Practicing the cognitive interview with feedback
- Identifying problems in PRO items
- Reporting findings and implementing changes
Who Should Attend?
This course has been developed specifically for those who:
- need to plan a cognitive test for the first time or feel they need more understanding of the whole process
- need to gain practical experience in cognitive interviewing techniques and data analysis
- commission research and need to understand more about question pre-testing
Key Learning Outcomes
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Design and plan a cognitive interview taking account of the different interviewing techniques
- Develop a sampling and recruitment strategy
- Conduct a cognitive interview
- Identify and report on problems with questionnaire items
Cost and booking
£275 +VAT. Cost includes light refreshments and course material.
To book contact: email@example.com
Tel: +44 (0)1295 724 233
Banbury, Oxfordshire, UK
Wednesday April 17th 2013
On-site training We can also provide on-site training for this course. Contact us for further information. firstname.lastname@example.org