15th January 2014 Bloxham Mill Business Centre, Banbury OX15 4FF. 9.45 AM – 4.15PM
An important aspect of the workshop is practicing and developing the skills involved in the Discovery Interview technique during interactive practical sessions in which participants carry out interviews with other participants.
Who should attend?
Those responsible for the commissioning or carrying out Discovery Interviews who wish to gain a clear and practical understanding of the key concepts, principles and application of the DI technique.
Key learning outcomes
Through a combination of presentations, interactive and practical sessions, participants will gain greater insight into:
- The nature of sampling for DI
- Organisation of the DI spine
- The necessary skills required to effectively carry out Discovery Interviews
- Where does the Discovery Interview concept come from?
- Developing interviewing skills – how can we get the best out of a semi-structured interview?
- The concept of the patient journey – the ‘spine’ of the Discovery Interview
- Ethical, Methodological and Practical aspects of the Discovery Interview (consent, sampling and confidentiality).
- Developing interviewing skills – how can we sensitively deal with personal and potentially embarrassing issues
Participants will be able to take away a practical Discovery Interview ‘toolkit’ of documents and materials that can be readily adapted for use in local service improvement work.
Cost: £275 + VAT
Includes light refreshment during the day and comprehensive information pack.
15% discount for early bird booking
To book Tel: 01295 724233 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or complete form below
Categories: Training and events