Cognitive Interviewing has become a standard technique in the development and evaluation of patient reported outcome (PRO) measures and health survey questionnaires and is an essential component in establishing the validity of a questionnaire.
This one day hands on workshop gives participants a thorough grounding in cognitive interviewing skills. The course also includes the different types of interviewing techniques, planning the interviews, conducting the interviews and analysis and reporting the findings. The course is a combination of taught and practice sessions.
- Background and introduction to cognitive theory
- Cognitive interviewing methods: Retrospective Verbal Probing and Think aloud
- The sequencing and organising of the cognitive interview activities
- Designing the cognitive interview probe sheets
- Conducting the cognitive pre-interview and warm-up
- Practicing the cognitive interview with feedback
- Identifying problems in PRO items
- Reporting findings and implementing changes
Who Should Attend?
This course has been developed specifically for those who need to:
- plan a cognitive test for the first time or feel they need more understanding of the whole process
- gain practical experience in cognitive interviewing techniques and data analysis
- understand more about question pre-testing and commission research
Key Learning Outcomes
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Design and plan a cognitive interview taking account of the different interviewing techniques
- Develop a sampling and recruitment strategy
- Conduct a cognitive interview
- Identify and report on problems with questionnaire items
Cost and booking
£275 +VAT. Cost includes light refreshments and course material.
To book contact: email@example.com
Tel: +44 (0)1295 724 233
Bloxham Mill Business Centre, Banbury, Oxfordshire OX15 4FF
Thursday March 13th 2015
On-site training We can also provide on-site training for this course. Contact us for further information. firstname.lastname@example.org